Saturday, May 21, 2011

In God's time... and no one elses!

The media buzz this week has been about the radio preacher who has predicted the rapture at 6:00 pm tonight.  I have been saddened by the media coverage... simply because the media tends to lean towards agnostic journalism, sometimes even "mocking" the thought that the rapture will be a real event.  Secondly, due to this man's "prediction", there may be alot of people who have made irrational decisions, or currently  live in "fear" of the prediction... thus, drinking the kool-aid. 

The Bible is clear:

Matthew 24: 34-37

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

So if God decides the day and hour is today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year... the main question is ARE YOU READY?  I am ready, having made preparations many years ago... accepting Jesus Christ as my Saviour.  For that, I am thankful and can have immense peace. 

So today, I'm cleaning house, entertaining dogs, catching up on some reading and then heading to dinner and movie with a friend tonight.... all with Peace in my heart.  If God's timing does happen to be tonight, I'll see you in Heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment