Saturday, May 28, 2011

A perfect Friday night...

Jim and I dont always find ourselves with a night alone, but last night happened to be one of those nights.  Both boys were off doing their own things.  I had recently bought a picnic basket that I was itching to use (beats the old red cooler).  Little did I know, Jim had already planned a night out in Lawenceville, on the historic courthouse grounds, with a free concert.  A quick trip to Publix to stock the basket with fried chicken, pasta salad and a little banana pudding to share, and we were set. 

The weather was perfect, the picnic was delicious and the band ("Rack of Spam") was actually pretty good.  The best part of the evening was, of course, the company.  You see, after 20-ish years of marriage.... we still like to spend time together.  We talk and laugh and geniuinely have a good time with each other.  Its easy to do when you're married to your best friend! 

1 comment:

  1. How precious are you guys? I hope Kenneth and I still do fun things like this after 20ish years :)

    ReplyDelete